Monday, November 26, 2007

Giving Thanks


The family asked me to say grace over Thanksgiving dinner. Knowing my spiritual beliefs don't really include a god-concept that makes sense of prayer, this was rather surprising. So, this was all I had...

"Genocide - it ain't always such a bad thing."

Who knows? Maybe god was talking through me.

Upon reflection, I realize that I am not the only one in the family who has to practice tolerance and patience, kindness and forgiveness during our family get-togethers!

2 comments:

EHoward said...

Seriously you did not say that. No wonder that Indian (did I say Indian???) is crying.

I adore you. You crack my ass up.

E

Hanky Ann said...

Can you come to my family's Christmas dinner as a guest speaker for the prayer section of the gala? Ha you're awsome