Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Keepin' the Streak Alive



Movie Quotes:

"There are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary. And there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance."
- - Bull Durham


"A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while."
- - Bull Durham

"Well I can't rightly say which player hit the ball hardest, but the home runs Babe Ruth hit got smaller quicker." - Walter Johnson in Ken Burns' "Baseball"

Good Ol' Yogi:
"You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."

"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."

"I made a wrong mistake."

"I didn't really say everything I said."

American Zen:
"See if you can notice when you're hitting and not paying attention. The way to learn to pay attention is to notice when you're not paying attention."
- - Jeff McKay, founder of Be Your Own Coach Baseball Camp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected and owing someone money. You are posting!

L something

cranial midget said...

How much you have in mind? Need a payment plan? Wanna talk about interest rates?

:)